"Shishya School" began in 1986 with the purpose of providing a good English-medium education to not only the children living in Shishya Community, but also for those children living in the villages surrounding the children's home.
Every morning Shishya School buses make their rounds to pick up students and teachers. There are presently fourteen classes in the school from playgroup to nursery, kindergarten, first to eighth class. The school motto is: Living in Love.
Shishya School aims to:
- to teach the students not only academics, but life-skills and values.
- to see students fully equipped to face life with joy and able to give to others out of that abundance.
- to see the children through their growing years, giving them a firm foundation to stand on.
- to help students understand their personal worth and place in this world.
- to see students able to compete in a world that only wants the "best" and provide them with what they need to rise above that "storm."
- to give the students a solid academic foundation that is balanced with their own personal identity in God.
© April 2008